Thursday, May 29, 2008

Whirlwind sighting...

We are heading into another whirlwind weekend! I'm getting ready for company again, as Josh, Debora and Thomas will be arriving sometime tomorrow evening. Haven't seen that little fellow (or his parents) in a while - should be fun!

Had a nice chat with Mara this morning while I was doing my shopping in Point. She was heading over to Debora and Thomas' to spend the day with them - sounds like fun! She seems to be getting in some much-needed R&R!

Tomorrow looks really busy here, as after chores in the morning I have to go over and get Doc Debbie's monthly statements out and back home in time to head to Milwaukee for Beth and BJ's 3:30 wedding! We will stay for the dinner and maybe a little of the dance before we head back to Amherst. Josh and family will probably beat us here. Short night, with chore detail the next morning, then over to Greenvale Cemetery at 10:30 for Pa's interment. I think the plan is to go to the Woods in the Mall at Waupaca for dinner, then back to the farm. The family has to have the reading of the will and deciding what to do with the memorial money. Not sure how the rest of that day will pan out, but we are on chore detail for Saturday night. Sunday is our day off, so we plan on having some quality time with our younger grandson and his family. Most likely, I will not be doing any posting until later on Monday or possibly Tuesday. Believe it?? Me neither.

The guys are busy planting soybeans today. Hope it all goes well. Rumor had it that our drill will be hooked up to another tractor (we borrowed Borgen's no-till drill, that Roger is running) and I have planted beans other years....I am mostly organized here at the house and the last of the laundry is in the dryer, so I could be available if they need me. Think I better get stuff organized for our trip tomorrow, too...make sure everything is pressed, etc.

Have a great weekend - looks like it is supposed to be pretty nice, in the 70's. The younger Bacon's will be here through Monday morning, so if anyone wants to see them, come on over! I am not planning any formal get-together, but drop-ins are welcome any time.

No comments: