You all got a break yesterday - I was busy pretty much from the time I got up until I went to bed!
After chores in the morning, I started in on the house (wouldn't be such a project if I did it more oftern!!), then decided I would run into Waupaca in the forenoon so I would have the afternoon to work on housework, uninterrupted. Then Dan called to warn me Roger had some more fieldwork lined up for me in the afternoon. I had already cleaned up to go to town, but decided that if I had to be in the field in the afternoon, I wouldn't get everything done. So, I changed again (I'm pretty much a quick-change artist!) and went back to cleaning. (here I got waylaid by a couple of things lying on the sewing machine that needed mending, and I wanted to close the machine up - so mended them first.) About half hour later, Roger stopped in with my orders. Getting a bit frustrated, I dropped everything and headed to the field. Got a good portion of it done before dinnertime and my bladder demanded I quit. (Usually when I know I am going to be in the field, I cut back on my coffee. Had two cups, plus a big glass of water before I found out I was going to be in the tractor!) Home for lunch. Back to the field. Got that finished by 2:30. Home and changed for going to town. Roger had run in to me at the farm and asked for a ride to the field. No problem, I dropped him off on my way into Waupaca. There are some things I like to get at Aldi's, but not everything. I was just about done in there when my cell phone rang. Dan wondered if I would mind running over to Dale to get a part for the corn planter. What time is it? 3:30 - okay that would work out fine. Five minutes later, he called back that Roger was going for the part, so I didn't have to. Fine. Then I would bring home some ice cream for Dan. (would have melted if I had to run to Dale) Happy Dan. Got home, hauled in groceries and put away. Got supper on. Headed to the barn. Milk, milk, milk, milk - then home to clean up to go to WalMart to finish my shopping (sorry if some of you don't like WalMart, sometimes you have to shop where you can afford to!), riding with Dan who went to Menards for a couple of culverts. That meant riding in the diesel pickup (no problem, usually do it that way), but pulling the fifth wheel trailer behind. He managed to drop me off at WalMart without running anyone over (whew!) and was waiting for me way out in the parking lot, with two culverts strapped to the trailer. Finally headed home and did the hauling-in-putting-away again. Time to hit the hay!! Thank goodness for Friday morning in!!!! (Linda = goodness)
Oh, on the way to Point, we called Josh and Debora. They will not be coming this weekend, but will be here for next weekend (Grandpa's burial). Josh is taking advantage of some time off to get things done around their house. Don't blame him at all. He spent some of the week on the road and sounded pretty tired himself. We could hear Thomas, as he was 'napping' on his Daddy's tummy. It will be fun to see them!
Today I need to do the floors yet, but otherwise think I am ready for Sam. They may be here for lunch today, if their morning gels. I will have to fit Doc Debbie's books in there, too, unless she calls and cancels this week. So I best get at it!
Oh - so I don't forget about it: Have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend, and don't forget to hang out your flag!! (I was chagrined to notice I missed Armed Forces Day the 17th!)
Doc Debbie just called and cancelled me for today!! Her opening line is always, "Hello, this is the Great Procrastinator...." Works out all around, today!
MIA
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment