Finished up on Wally's this morning, then Dan and I ran into Waupaca to do our banking and grab lunch. Back home to more field work. This time I got to run the field cultivator that John usually runs because he was picking rocks in that field (Pipe/Peterson). That was a bit different for me, as I am used to a narrow implement and this one is about 3X wider. Not sure what they will have me doing tomorrow. If there is nothing urgent, I might just have to clean the house!
Sam and his parents will be here on Friday for the weekend, as Sally is standing up in a wedding (Jenny Kropidlowski - if anyone knows her). Sally warned me that I needed to make sure all my floors were clean (what is she insinuating?? hee, hee) or that we would have to put Sam in a pillowcase. Now there's an idea! Just spray it with Pledge and let him go! Sounds like a plan to me. I imagine there may be a few things I have to put up out of the reach of little fingers. Having Jackson here for that short time last Saturday pointed that out. I will have to roll out the rug with the roads on it and get out the wooden cars, too. Grandpa already got the pedal tractor out of the little shed. He can at least sit on it and steer. I think a boy needs to be about 3 before he can handle that one. I suppose Thomas may be taking that home with him someday, as it belongs to his Daddy. (Must make it an antique, huh??)
I got home from the field this afternoon about 3:00, so I went upstairs to see what rearranging I could do for the weekend. I managed to get the crib moved into Josh's old room, where Sally and Scott will be sleeping. I mainly put it in there so he would have a quiet place for naps. I will see what I can do about darkening the room. The blinds let in a fair amount light, but a dark sheet hung over the windows may do the trick. (he is used to a dark room for sleeping) That and I need to see what I can do about blocking off the opening down into the kitchen. He may just have to stay up off the floors up there for this weekend. We have some stuff to make a rail, but want to have it removable because some of the furniture up there had to go through that opening, as the door from the hall is quite narrow. So - it has to be substantial enough to deter a toddler, and removable, too. Dan has some ideas....Dan always has ideas! It's time he is short on. Hey - that would make a good project for Sunday.....
Can't wait to have the kids here this weekend! Maybe we will have to rattle Josh and Debora's cage.....
MIA
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment