A little after midnight we decided that the bleeding was beyond what would be considered normal and headed for the ER. The short version: he had his nose chemically cauterized, passed out, threw up a bunch of blood and then the ENT was called. He first trimmed Dan's nose hair (what a nice guy!), then, as Dan relates it, he stuck a screwdriver up his nose and reamed! I don't think that is exactly what happened, but that is probably what it felt like. He was sent home around 6:00 am with his left nostril packed with seaweed (the Dr.'s explanation - the packing is actually a seaweed product) and some pain pills, and told to take it easy today. Seeing how he hadn't slept other than a fitful nap while he received 2500 ml of fluids, that won't be hard to enforce. I had snatched about an hour before the trek to Point, and probably about 2 hours after we got home. Then Sam got up, so I did too so I could visit with his mom before she had to head to Point to start wedding prep. The wedding is at 1:00 pm and I will be going with Scott and Sam. Dan hadn't planned on going anyway, as he figured he would be too busy.
Well, it is time for me to go and get beautiful - or at least presentable. I think we can trust Dan to stay put and behave himself....oh yeah, his nose is broken. (but at least it's not crooked!)

2 comments:
Jackson concedes to Dan as the winner!
Get well soon...man that looks like it hurts!
Oh, that looks(and sounds) so painfaul! I hope you heal fast. A broken nose is not fun!!!
Post a Comment