UPS: My quilt is all assembled, except for the binding! I also finished the pillow shams. When it is all done I will put it on the bed and take a picture for the blog. Frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of it....but it is looking pretty good.
DOWNS: John had a run-in with the bull today. Or rather, the bull had a run-in with John! He was working on the bunk-feeder on the lot (John, not the bull) and Jasper (that's the bull) came up behind him and butted him in the behind! (at least that is what I think happened - I haven't actually spoken with John, so got the story 2nd and 3rd hand) According to Roger, who was the lucky one to be taken into John's confidence, John's backside is rather black and blue! He did go in to get things checked out to make sure he didn't break his tailbone, but the Dr. assured him that he didn't and to go home and put ice on it. So, for the next day or two John will be the 'butt' of our jokes......sorry, that's the best I could come up with! Whether or not he is able to get up in the morning remains to be seen. Roger, who has the day off, told him that he could call him (Roger) if he was too stiff. I can imagine he might be. Linda also said she would be available, but John doesn't usually baby himself too much. Hope he heals quickly or we will get 'behind' in our fieldwork! (was that better??)
ANOTHER UP: It stopped raining and the sun actually came out during chores tonight. I think it was as nice as it has been all day, on my bike ride home from the barn. It is 54 right now. :)
MIA
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment