I finally got the lawn mowed this morning - well, actually I just finished it a little after 1:00. Dan was busy working with the backhoe, so he wasn't concerned about lunch. He is in the shower right now, and then we will head to Plover for Taco Bell and Menards. He wants to get some shelving to organize in our garage. We have a couple of pallets of 'junk' out in the back of the shed that came out of our outbuilding that we tore down the year Mara and Mike were married (3 years ago already!). We need to sort through to see what is worth keeping and junk out the rest. We haven't seen any of that stuff in all that time, much less used it, so you think it would be a no-brainer. Unfortunately, I am a major pack-rat. I'm sure I will find all sorts of 'treasures' that I forgot we had! Oh well.
When I was mowing the yard, I kept going around bunches of daisies that are coming up. I absolutely love them! I also noticed what I think are forget-me-nots in the 'flowerbed' between the two houses. That and LOTS of violets. They are so pretty, too. There were quite a few of those coming up in the yard, also, but I didn't try to mow around them. Unfortunately, until the daisies open up, it will look like I mowed around bunches of dandelions. Somehow, the dogs always think that I leave the areas of long grass (what the daisies must look like to them) for them to run through and roll in. It's not hard to figure out why I don't try to have a pristine yard. It would never work.
Well, I hear Dan finishing up with his shaving, so I had better make sure I am ready to go. Have a great rest-of-the-weekend!
MIA
13 years ago

1 comment:
Sam is going to be heartbroken- I've been talking to him about the herd of goats at Grandma's! :)
Post a Comment