Do you remember when you were little and made a May basket to hang on someone's door? You would make a little 'basket' out of a paper cone or something else, fashion a handle, fill it with flowers - whatever was available at the time, or you could make them out of paper and pipe cleaners. (okay, we were easily entertained....) Then you would go and hang it on someone's door, knock, and run away! They were supposed to come out and chase you and give you a kiss. So, obviously, you were doing this on somebody's door that you wanted to have do that. (That is a really poor sentence, but I'm gonna leave it.)
Anyway.....Happy May Day!


1 comment:
Yes, I got my first "kisses" that way. Not to name names, but my choices were eclectic, to say the least, and in various parts of town. One young gentleman was "too slow" and needed assistance from his neighbor. I guess a girl had to learn not to run so fast.
I also remember Mom taking me violet picking when I was about 5 and telling me how her mother took her when she was little, all to put in May baskets for loved ones. It's a wonderful tradition.
Mary
Post a Comment