Busy Couple of Days....
Yesterday afternoon and most of today I spent in the tractor, digging. It is going pretty good, but the best news was that the co-op finally got some fertilizer spread so Roger could start planting corn today! We were waiting on them, and it was getting frustrating, to put it mildly. Anyone who knows Roger knows his patience level....pretty much non-existent. By the end of milking, he had 40 acres in, so is off to a good start. They have been calling for rain (spotty) the last couple of days, and it finally felt like there were a few sprinkles out there after chores. My cousin Trudy from Algoma area said they had rain moving in earlier this evening. Hard telling how much we will actually get.Got a call from Debora this afternoon, all excited, that she had found tickets for Dan and me to go to Brazil in December! It's really going to happen! We need to pin down the dates and get the tickets reserved in the next day or so. We are so excited to be returning for another visit with her family - such wonderful people - and hope to be able to converse a bit better this time around. I will have to buckle down and get to work on my Portuguese - or should I say português! That and I was talking back and forth with Heather who was surfing the internet helping me to find tickets for Steve and Erin's wedding in Montana in September. Quite the travelers we have become! Still working on those....Heather had a few minutes she could spend on the computer, while I was in the tractor. I was able to get out into the weavery yesterday am as I didn't head to the field until after lunch. It felt good to be weaving again, and I got one rug done. I also washed a few loads of clothes and hung them out. Pretty windy, so they dried well. Sooooo glad it is nice enough to hang clothes out!We have tomorrow morning in, and it will feel nice to slow down a bit and breathe....
No comments:
Post a Comment