Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What I"ve been up to....


Thought I would take a picture of my work-in-progress. This is my Crazy-Gatfly Quilt. It is made up of the leftovers from baby quilts, plus I had to purchase the burgundy that I used to connect the blocks. There are 255 of those blocks, and I am putting a button in the center of each one. I have one row done so far, the second row up from the 'bottom' of this picture. I took it at an angle to try to get a closer shot of the entire thing. At the 'top' of the picture, most of the quilt is rolled on the quilting frame. I'm not sure that I am using this right, but it is working well for what I am doing. I don't have the proper type of chair to set the frame on, as they used to do. I have one side of it propped on canned goods so that I can reach underneath it to do the buttons. While I was milking tonight, I remembered that I hadn't sprayed between the layers to meld it together - bother! I will probably undo the rolled part and spray it, as it will hold it together better for when I am 'quilting' it. Guess I got the cart before the horse, once more....
I decided to share this picture now as I was told I would be chopping stalks tomorrow. Thursday I go to do Doc Debbie's monthly statements, and who knows what will happen after that. One of the 'blessings' of working on a farm - sometimes you don't know from one day to the next what you will be doing. Weather dictates a lot. There is one thing - you rarely get bored. I have to figure out some way to protect the quilt when it is on the frame, though, as when I came home from chores tonight, Stella was using it as a hammock! I had put a vinyl tablecloth over it, as I was afraid something like that would happen, so it isn't all full of cat hair - yet!
I am still in need of some buttons! I have to get those from Connie, but if anyone has any cool buttons and would like to share with me, I'll take them! They need to have only 2 holes and preferrably be between 1/2 and 3/4 inch. Thanks!

2 comments:

Cari said...

Looks GORGEOUS! I wish I had the patience for that (maybe someday...). :)

John and Heather Schmit said...

Wow, you are busy!!! It looks awesome!