With the beautiful snow that we had today - and it really was beautiful! - I got the chance to go down to Mary's for coffee this morning, guilt-free! I wish I'd had my camera with me in the car as the snow on the trees hanging over the road between Hartman Creek Park and Mary's house was absolutely gorgeous - a fairyland tunnel! She also had her friend, Barb over - I am not even going to take a stab at her last name. Quite different. The name that is, she is a very nice person and we had a lot of fun playing a game of Scrabble. Barb was a good sport and went along with playing it, even though she admitted it was not her strong suit. She did well even so, but I managed to pull off another win, with Mary tight on my tail - two in a row for me! Wow! Mostly Scrabble is the luck of the draw, because if you don't get decent letters, it doesn't make any difference how good a player you are. After a couple cups of good coffee, a good game, and even better conversation it was time to head home.
I also raided Mary's button jars for my quilt project. I'm getting quite a collection, but still have a ways to go to have enough. I haven't gotten the buttons from Connie to look through yet. I should be able to get quite a few there. This afternoon I started to putz around making pillow shams to go with the quilt. I need to get to a fabric store to get a batt. I think I will use a queen or king size flat sheet, if I can get just the flat sheet, to use for the backing. I keep thinking I won't have time to do this now, but Mother Nature keeps giving me a bit more time.
Stopped to say hi to Mom on the way home. Hit that one pretty good - she was making rice pudding and sent some home with me for our dinner. Yum!
MIA
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment