How many chins does Gatfly have??
(I'm not very good at self-photography!)
Sally called up yesterday morning at the farm (I just happened to be in the office when the phone rang) and said that Sam had a fever and couldn't go to daycare. Was grandma available? So it was GATFLY TO THE RESCUE! I finished up chores and headed up to Baldwin for the day. Well, sort of for the day. I got there at 11:45 so Sally could go in to work for the afternoon. She had a bunch of care-conferences (with families of residents) lined up for the afternoon. So Sam and I spent the afternoon together! Even though he still had a fever (his trip to the Dr. in the morning revealed that it was just a cold/teething), he was a very good boy! He played hard until around 3:00 and even sat still to listen while I read several books to him. Then I gave him a bottle and he settled down for a 2-hour nap. He was sleeping when Mama got home, so we had time for a nice cup of coffee and a chat. Daddy got home sometime after 6:00 and we had a delicious meal of grilled chicken and potatoes! Thanks Scott! While we were finishing up supper, Grandma and Grandpa Aho stopped over (delivering Scott's snowmobile so he could store it at his place) and brought Sam his Easter Basket - what fun! Lots of neat stuff! I greeted them and then headed out, as I still had a 3 hour drive ahead of me. The trip home was uneventful (as was the trip there) and I got home a little after 10:00 pm.
Sam is very close to crawling on his hands and knees, although he tended to creep up in the sleeper and would flatten out to get his feet back down where they belonged! He didn't seem to get too frustrated with the process (I would have!), just switched back to his army crawl. I had him out in the kitchen with me when I was baking bars and he zeroed in on the grill at the bottom of the refrigerator. He had that off in no time! Just grabbed it and removed it - and turned to me and grinned. I would put it back and he would take it right off again. After doing this about 3 times, I diverted his attention. Apparently not very well, as he found a piece of quarter-round that Scott had laying in place but not nailed down yet. He yanked that up, and for fear that he would put an eye out (Red Ryder style!) I took it away and stood it up in the corner. Later Sally and Scott told me that was the first time (and last?) he got to be on the kitchen floor. I always had my kids in whatever room I was in, on the floor. I didn't have a saucer seat like they have so didn't think about using it. Oh well. Mostly he just got a little dusty from the floor. Guess I won't start doing Daycare for a job out of my home! Sally already told me my house wasn't Sam-proof. Guess I'll have to work on that one for the next time he comes to visit. I think I need to get an oversized sleeper and mittens for him and spray them with Endust and let him go! With four cats, our floors are never clean for long.
On another note: Josh has an upcoming trip to Germany in the next week or two (can't remember the dates) and we are trying to convince Debora and Thomas to come up and stay with us while he is gone. And the cats, too, of course! We would love to have all of them - and oh, the blog postings I could write! Pleeeaaaasssee come!
One other tidbit: When I came home from chores in the morning I found a surprise on my back porch! Susan Enz (from the election polls) had stopped in and dropped off some hickory nuts for me to try - yum! I don't remember having them before - are they ever delicious!! Her brother shells them as therapy for his arthritic hands. Also she dropped off a Reminsce magazine as it had a story about the 96th anniversary of Oreos. One of the clues in our puzzle on Tuesday! Thanks Susan!


1 comment:
Hmm playing with the dog dish...wouldn't put that on my Grand-baby-sitting brochure if I were you! Just teasing- we were SO glad you were able to help us out!!!
Post a Comment