Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Early Birthday Celebration!

Connie and I took Linda out for lunch today, to celebrate her ??th birthday. It isn't until Thursday, but Connie has to work that day. We were a pretty tame crew today (note: Alice wasn't with us!) and I didn't even tell the wait-staff at IHOP that it was Linda's birthday. I behaved myself, I must say. I only bumped my coffee cup once (didn't go over) and any silverware that flew around was the waitress' fault, not mine. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Before we stopped for lunch, we went and saw the puppies at the mall near there, Pups 'n Stuff. We walked through the entrance, and this little black ball of fur came barreling at us! What a doll! I can't remember what they said he was a cross of (probably something extremely expensive) but he was very energetic and friendly. He kept tackling my shoelaces and even got dragged along behind me when I tried to walk. He didn't bother Linda's shoes, and Connie didn't have any laces. I figured it might have been the animal smell on them, or maybe it was just because they were a little long. There were 5 other puppies, of various breeds, in the showcases - so cute! No prices on anything, but I can just imagine. They want to get you hooked on the animal first, I think.
After lunch we went over and checked out Michaels Craft Store where Connie and I each picked up a couple of things, but Linda just "window-shopped". Then we went next door to PetCo. I wanted to check out the guinea pigs, but they didn't have what I was looking for. After browsing through that store for a bit we hit the road and came home. Like I said, pretty low-key, but we had a good time visiting.

I have come down with a head/chest cold and am feeling a little bit dopey. I had to run over to Appleton this am (9:00) for a dental x-ray, so Dan went with me. I was glad, as I really didn't feel like driving that far. It was a follow-up appointment on some dental surgery I had done last spring. They want to check it again next spring - hopefully that doesn't mean it didn't work like they wanted it to. I really don't want to go through that again....

Maybe I will have to get my butt back out to the weavery this afternoon. It is 39 degrees, so not overly warm, but I don't have that much to do out there. I better get moving!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Sam hopes you feel better!