In case you are wondering about that title, none of us could figure out how you write the opening of the 'Wipe Out' song....and why, you might ask, were we wondering?
Last night on the way to the barn, I did something I haven't done since I was a kid....wiped out on my bike! Luckily it happened right after I had put something into the mailbox, so I wasn't up to speed yet. I had just gotten my feet back on the pedals and was turning into the driveway at the farm and all of the sudden I was lying on my side (really my hip) trying to figure out how I had gotten that way! Other than my pride, nothing got hurt. I quick looked around to see if anyone had witnessed my gracefulness, and it appeared that only about 50 cows were privy to it. Dan didn't even see it happen as he went on ahead, although he did turn around to see how come I hadn't caught up with him and also to see what the heck the cows were watching so intently. While they may have drawn attention to me, the cows would never tell on me. One of the many reasons I like dumb (in the sense they can't speak) animals. Like I said, no real harm done.
Instead of heading out to the weavery yesterday afternoon (it really doesn't pay for me to make plans), I went down to the farm and cleaned out tractors! Generally I use the 7120 so I headed for that one first. It's amazing how much dirt and whatever gets tracked into a tractor! Sweeping the floor with a whisk broom went fine until I opened the door to sweep it out - whoosh! Right back in my face. That tractor sat outside, so it was in the wind. I got most of the dirt to go out the door, anyway. I washed the windows, inside and out and all the mirrors. Caked on liquid manure re-constitutes to that same lovely smell when it is fresh! Yuck! Then I wiped down all the plastic console surfaces - I don't think that had been done before! Looks better for the moment, but it probably won't stay that way for very long. At least I will start the season with a clean tractor. After doing that one, I headed into the back part of the shed where the 7140 and the 8910 were parked. I did both of those, inside only. My rags were getting pretty dirty and wet and I figured the windows would just get mucked up again with the dust and birds so I will wash the outside of the windows when they are outside. John was using the MX to spread manure, but I caught it being loaded so was able to sweep the floor out before he needed to take off. As a parting shot, with each tractor (except the MX), I sprayed some Glade air freshener - Waterfall Mist - but it will be completely dissipated before I get back in there. The guys would probably complain, anyway...
NOTE: If you haven't checked it out, take a look at Heather's blog. She has some pictures of her grands on it, as well as a couple of the kids. I'm sure she will be getting the rest up soon. Also check out the Aho blog, as there are new pictures of Sam up! He is getting to look like such a little boy - less baby! Poor Inga! We all need to let the Bacon Family know we want new pictures!! I'm sure Thomas is changing fast, too. I hear he has taken up talking this past week. I asked Josh if he spoke in English or Portuguese, and he was quick to reply in "Thomas"! Most of the other blogs I keep track of have fairly new pictures on also. It's so much fun to see the kids developing, especially when we don't get to see them in person very much. Thanks to the parents for doing this!
MIA
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment