I had quilt-on-the-mind last night and didn't mention a couple of things.
First and foremost, Dan spent most of the day sick yesterday. Not sure what he tangled with, but think it was probably the flu - achy all over and running to the bathroom (yes, you needed to know that). Eating wasn't a problem except that he didn't have much of an appetite. He was able to milk last night, although I steered him away from scrubbing up by having him repair the float for the gimps' waterer. That needed doing anyway, so everybody was 'happy'. He was a bit wiped out this morning, but made it through chores and cleanup okay. He's down for the count right now, but that is his usual MO after breakfast.
A big CONGRATULATIONS goes out to our young friends, Brian and Jill Huenink! Jill gave birth to a beautiful little boy on April 28th! Weston John joins 'older' brother, William Brian who will be 2 in August. Reminds me of how close our little ones were - Josh and Mara were 21 months apart and Mara and Sally were 20 months apart. It is hectic for a couple of years, but nice in the long run to have your family close in age. Lots of dark hair on this little guy, too! Will had quite a heed full of dark hair when he was born, although it has lightened up some now. Jill and Brian were at Josh and Debora's wedding in Lake Tahoe, and in Brazil, too. Both of them attended Madison and both work for John Deere in Iowa, although not real close to Josh and Debora, as they live in Hudson, IA. Josh and Debora also stood up in their wedding, so very good friends.
Back to today. Looks like I should make it to the field, if Dan gets the oil changed on the 8910. Roger wants me to head over and chop stalks on a couple of fields the other side of highway 10. I'm ready....
Another note: We talked with Josh last night. Sounds like Thomas' shots were giving him a bit of trouble yesterday. Hopefully he is more like himself today. Usually quite a happy boy. Also, while Dan was talking with Josh, I started to undo the quilt so I could spray it. I had to have Dan come in, with the phone in hand, to give me a hand with it. We got it done and it is rolled back up on the frame again. The buttons are something I can work on in small increments of time, so will tackle it piece-meal as I can.
MIA
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment