"When we can begin to take our failures nonseriously, it means we are ceasing to be afraid of them. It is of immense importance to learn to laugh at ourselves."
– Katherine Mansfield
I can't believe I am writing this.
I decided, after I got the beds made up, that I would go ahead and try to do some weaving. It is only 75 degrees out, so it wouldn't be too bad out there. I was just about to head out the door and decided I better check the washer, as I had the last load of barn stuff in. Can you guess what is coming next?
I poked my head into the utility room and looked disbelievingly (that's a cool word, isn't it?) at WATER ON THE FLOOR!!!!!! All of a sudden 75 degrees felt REALLY hot! It was even hotter after I finished mopping up 5+ mop buckets of water off the floor - it was only 4 pails this morning - smaller load. The entire time I was mopping up I was wracking my brain for the positive twist I could put on it this time.....and I finally came up with the fact that I had used bleach in this load, so the floor got disinfected - not a bad thing, considering smelly dogs live here. Also, I noticed this time around (where were my eyes last time??) that there is a tab on the bracket that holds the hose over the edge of the sink so that it can be secured to the wall. Needless to say, it is now secured to the wall! My final load of dog bedding is in, so that should be the acid test. It's a bit of a clunky load and may shake, rattle and roll a bit more than a normal load, so if it is going to pull out again, that ought to do it.
I think maybe I am destined to NOT weave today - maybe tomorrow.
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.......
MIA
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment