Friday, July 25, 2008

Just a weavin' and a choppin'....

I've been busy the last couple of days, first spending most of Wednesday in the weavery - picture me grinning, that is one of my favorite places to be, and I got 5 rugs made! Then on Thursday I was able to get a couple of rugs mostly made before Roger called for me to start chopping. I chopped right up till suppertime, with a lunch break in there somewhere. They are calling for rain today (again) so John went and chopped off a small field up behind our house during chores last night that was ready. I think Roger just has two more fields cut (maybe more, not sure) but it sure looks gray out there right now. Those were just cut yesterday, so not sure when they will be ready to chop, especially with the high humidity (100% right now!).

Check Mara and Mike's blog out for some weather stuff - wow! Now I know why they don't have a basement there! I can imagine that they don't dare let Lucy out of the house, or at least out of sight. She loves the water! Too bad they don't have a boat of their own, they could use it now.

Postscript at 7:10 am: I just got back in from my morning jog - not the jog I had thought of taking, though. This was through the hayfield behind our house, across the road and around the lot out back, over to the road again, no, back between the sawdust trailer and garage and finally to the barnyard. Justin Breyhan (neighbor) had called to let us know we had a cow out. When I caught up with her she was strolling through the middle of the harvested hayfield behind our house. At least she chose a field that had been cut and chopped. Much easier to run through that than if the hay was a couple of feet high! Luckily John was onto her and helped me 'corner' her. She was quite intent on NOT going back to the milk barn. Tough luck there, as she was just fresh last week. Did I mention that the humidity is at 100%???

No comments: