JULY DATES TO REMEMBER
5 - Our oldest grandson, Samuel Reuben Aho turns 1!!!!
7 - Tom Jenner (Linda's husband)
9 - John and Marina Bacon (9 years)
12 - Stephanie Wheeler (Heather's daughter)
12 - Bobbie (Golke) Quick (friend)
12 - Geri Batten
15 - Eleanor Billington (one of Mara's B's)
19 - Mary and Ed Mathwig (39 years)
26 - Stephanie Jenner (Linda's daughter)
27 - Diane Aho (Scott's mom)
30 - Celebrating 10 years in our parallel parlor!
I've been pretty busy lately, and don't have a lot of time right now to post, either, but will do a brief catch-up here.
Mara and Mike will be rolling in tomorrow night, sometime before midnight, so that is my deadline to have things ready for the weekend. I do get a little reprieve, as they will be spending Thursday with Mike's family over in the valley, but I would like to have most of my projects wrapped up by then. The rest of the kids and their kids will be arriving sometime on Thursday! What fun - we can't wait!!
This morning Dan and I went over to Mary and Ed's at 7:30 to pick some strawberries. Thank you!! They are beautiful! I have them picked over and will make some jam after dinner (when it is too hot to be out mowing lawn). We also enjoyed some beautiful berries from Connie and Mike earlier this past weekend. It is wonderful to have such kind and generous (not to mention accomplished!) gardeners in the family!! We got to see Connie and Mike's newest goat, Barney (?) too. So friendly and cute, too. The 'girls' don't care much for him, though, so they had to separate out the two more aggressive ones (Daisy and Frieda).
Well, I really do have to get out and finish up the mowing before it gets beastly out there. I got a real good start on it last night, but I ran out of gas after almost an hour. The lawn mower still had some, so Dan pushed it around for another half hour or so while I pulled some weeds in the wildflower beds. There are LOTS of flowers there, if you can find them!
Oh - Dan and I are both pretty much back to "normal" after our bout with that bug, but it really does take a lot out of you! Hope no one else tangled with it.
Oops - one more thing! Be sure to check out the kids' blogs! There are new pictures of both our grandsons and Mara and Mike have been busier than ever!

No comments:
Post a Comment