Monday, July 21, 2008

Farm Tidbit

Well, that little Jersey bull finally did it.

He ticked off the wrong person! The guys were working on fixing the bunk feeder and conveyor out back the other day and "Jasper" nudged Roger in the behind. According to Dan, it wasn't any more than a nudge, but he chose the wrong person to do it to. The red cattle trailer took off this morning for Seymour (where the auction barn is) with one noisy little Jersey bull aboard.

When I was upstairs stripping the beds this morning I told Dan I thought it might be in the cards because I could hear some bellowing down at the farm. Sure enough, when Dan got down there Jasper was already loaded up. About once a year we hear a story about some farmer that was hurt, sometimes fatally, by his stud bull. Not worth it. Jasper left behind a legacy of pretty darn cute heifer calves (the bull calves having been shipped), but hopefully they won't have his temperament.

No comments: