Friday, July 18, 2008

And her name will be.....

Nutmeg! (Meg for short, if I go that route....)

I want to thank all of you for your great suggestions - maybe I"ll have to get some more guinea pigs....or maybe not.

Nutmeg is settling in nicely but the cats haven't let up on their vigil yet. She seems to like them and will come out of her 'house' and let them watch her, sometimes all three of them will be crowded around her pen, just staring. I have put the pen on the floor in the living room, though, as they managed to scoot it around a bit on the coffee table. I even had a bathtowel under the pen and some of that shelf-liner stuff that is supposed to keep things from skidding around. Also, I replaced the gait belt (couldn't figure out how to hook it tight) with a couple of bungies hooked together. So far, so good.

I spent yesterday on a quilting project and made pretty good progress. This morning, as it was a beautiful 72 degrees (my favorite!) I headed out to the weavery. We have a couple of weddings coming up and I wanted to get some rugs made. One down, however many to go! It was getting pretty steamy out there so I will stay in and quilt this afternoon unless I get called away to do something else....rumor has it that hay will be cut when the weather cooperates.

Have a great day!!

No comments: