I was going to try and upload a picture of one of our animals "leaping" for this post. I got this half-way decent picture of Pelé, but wish I had a photo of Linus that Mara took of him "leaping" off our deck - it was pretty cool! I also remember pictures of Maddie (Rob's dog) leaping off the deck into the lake. This one is pretty lame compared to those, and my dogs don't leap much, but Happy Leap Year anyway!
February got an extra day this year, so it decided to use it and dump some more snow on us! There were a couple of inches of new stuff out there this morning, and there is more lazily flying around in the air right now - nothing too serious. At least it is warmer than we have had previously, so the snow is bearable. So clean and white - don't want to think about the mess we will have this spring, as the ground is not frozen hard underneath all that snow. Oh well. At least it will seep into the ground better and not run off too badly.
Dan has been busy this past week (when time allowed) working on fixing some broken and cracked trusses in the barn. He probably wouldn't admit it, but I think he enjoys the challenge of figuring out how to fix things like that. That's the engineer in him. He and Josh have some interesting discussions when they get together....
Something to watch: Below is a link to a really neat demonstration of bridle-less, bareback horsemanship. It is performed in memory of the rider's father, who had died a short time before. Very impressive, even if you aren't into horses. A friend shared this with me and Cari showed me a shortcut to the link (thanks!). Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxUGEN9kS9o

No comments:
Post a Comment