I guess we will have to call it a lamb today - only about 34 degrees, but the sun was shining and it felt quite nice out. (I hope that doesn't mean we have to look forward to March going out like a lion!!)
The sisters (and me - oh, and the brothers and Tom showed up at mealtime, and Andrea and Wyatt were there for a while, too) met at the farm house today and went through all the beautiful cards and greetings from friends and family. What a wonderful outpouring! We were able to get most of the thank you notes written and also waded through a few more memories. I'm sure that will happen every time we get together from now on. It is definitely an odd feeling to know that, at least in this family, we "kids" are the oldest generation. Is this when we stop feeling like kids, or does that hang on until there is only one of us left? (I'm not being morbid, Linda, just speculative.) I'm guessing that ignoring our own mortality is a defense mechanism - we'd go nuts if we thought about it all the time. I guess I just need to touch base with reality now and then....
I do have a poser for you and would appreciate any/all explanations: Does anyone know the significance of giving a memorial gift in the amount of $3? We received this in two different cards, and had one like it at Ma's funeral as well. There must be some meaning to this....
MIA
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment