Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Groundhog Day!


I think any groundhog around here would have trouble seeing his shadow today, so here's hoping for an early spring!



Since this blog was started mainly to give the grandparents' perspective on our grandsons, I thought I would create a fun way to denote those observances. So, when you see TOT: it will mean that I will be sharing Thoughts On Thomas. And when you see SOS: there will be Something Of Sam.



In reflection, I didn't say too much about Thomas in telling of our visit there, so here is my first TOT: Anyone with any experience with newborns (Thomas still qualifies - he is so tiny yet) knows the feeling of snuggling them against your shoulder and having them melt right into you. It is a wonderful feeling and involves all of your senses as you inhale their sweetness; feel that warm little body next to yours; hear the little grunts and sighs (Thomas makes a lot of little noises!); drink them in with your eyes; and possibly best of all, that baby smell (I am not referring to when he is in need of a diaper change!).



One of the really fun ways to enjoy Thomas is to hold him so that you look into each other's faces: He gets such a serious look on his face as he appears to study yours. It is almost as if he is trying to memorize you. His smiles are infrequent as of yet, and mostly accidental (Mom and Dad may say otherwise...) so I experienced mainly his contemplative looks. Add to that his many, many facial expressions - involving wrinkling his forehead, way up over the top of his head and his very expressive mouth. He will do that same thing that his Daddy did when he was a baby: he will purse his lips, like he is whistling, when he pees. And yeah, I did not escape witnessing how he can pee up over his entire outfit while you are changing his diaper! He also let loose with the poops as I was trying to switch out the dirty diaper for a clean one! I think we went through two extra diapers on that particular changing. I guess Gatfly* needs to hone up her diaper-changing skills!
I think, overall, that grandsons are addictive: I can't get enough of them! Look for a SOS in my next posting!
* Gatfly is an acronym for Grandma At The Farm Loves You!

No comments: