This looks like a good place to discuss what you do when you have too many people in the same family with the same name! Personally, I have a brother Mike (we don't very often refer to him as Michael), not sure what Lorrie calls him, other than Mike; a brother-in-law, Michael Onan - again, we usually call him Mike, but his wife, Connie, often refers to him as Michael! - said quickly and include the exclamation point when saying; our son-in-law, Michael Syring - who early on told me I could call him Mike if he could call me Hol - it works - I have heard Mara call him Michael or Mike, amongst other things...; Kristin and Stephanie's dad is also a Mike, but we don't have much contact any more to worry about how to refer to him (you don't want to know what Heather calls him....). So, much as you might love the name, please don't anybody name their baby Michael! Just kidding - it is a great name, and all of the above-mentioned Mike/Michael's would vie for the honor of namesake. I have heard stories that Mike Onan was called Mickey in school, but that just doesn't seem to fit him and I've never heard anyone call him that. Around here, for clarification, they are often named in connection with their spouse: Mike and Lor, or brother/Montana Mike; Connie's Mike, or brother-in-law Mike; Mara's Mike, or son-in-law Mike, sometimes Michael; Kristin's Mike/Michael. The latter one I haven't had the opportunity to get to know very well, but he seems like a Michael. Most of them would probably say, "call me what you want, just don't call me early to rise or late for dinner!"
Hope you are all having a great weekend! We are off to lunch later at my folks, to see them and Cariann, who is having a brief retreat there. I hear rumors that a game of Scrabble will be played - maybe even two! Dan needs to fix the sawdust wagon first and return it - that is, after he wakes up from his morning nap! I think I just heard stirrings in there, now. We have tomorrow off, and I don't know what kind of mischief we will get up to, but I guarantee that you will hear about it. Have a good one!


No comments:
Post a Comment