PUT YOUR FLAG OUT - IT'S FLAG DAY TODAY!!!
YESTERDAY'S NEWS....
I got a good stroke of business done yesterday, on organizing the downstairs bedroom/storeroom. I need to attack the closet yet, but otherwise it is mostly ready for habitation. The cats think I put the bed in there just for them! I have to keep it covered so the bedding doesn't get all full of cat hair. Anybody need a cat??
Dan and I ran into Waupaca to do a bunch of errands and grab lunch. It wasn't until we were on our way home that it hit me that it was Friday and I should have done Doc Debbie's books in the morning! I called her right away and she was glad I hadn't gone over as she didn't have very many invoices ready for me to enter. That worked out fine this time, but I don't know where my head was at!
Looking at the entry I made yesterday, I even commented on it being Friday. Must have gone right out through my fingertips!
Roger and Dan spent quite a bit of time yesterday removing the box elder. It looks so different down at the farm now. Besides that tree, they took out the tree from in front of the little house. Grandma B always called that a mock orange. I'm not sure if it was or not, but it is a moot point now. They also removed the lilac that was furthest to the west of the three bushes across the driveway from the little house. The box elder had fallen on it and pretty much wiped it out. The mock orange obstructed their view when pulling out of the driveway, so it really needed to go. Oh, Dan also took the spruce down that had been in front of the big house. It had gotten badly damaged at the time of the fire.
Roger is hoping to plant beans this afternoon, and I just saw him headed that way with his truck loaded down with seed, so that is a good thing. Dan was going to go over and pick some rocks out of the field before Roger got to planting. If nothing else, we sure raise a good crop of 'winter potatoes'!
I have to get back to work - have a good weekend!
MIA
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment