Friday, June 13, 2008

Full Day Yesterday

Let's see, I think it rained again yesterday. Yes, I'm sure it did. At least we didn't have to bail out our basement like the Stokes did in Green Bay - what a bummer! And when you hear about folks getting 10 or more inches of rain in one day, it's almost unfathomable. (fun word, isn't it?) And the poor folks where there have been tornadoes! I hope I never have to live through one. Hmmm....let me rephrase that: I hope one never happens here! They can sure make a mess of a silo and other farm structures. There was one that went through south of Rural a couple of years ago - such havoc! Whenever I see pictures of tornado or hurricane damage (they have hurricanes in northern MO, you know - just ask Mara!), my first thought is: How do you start to clean up?? And what do you do with all the debris?? I guess we will deal with not having all of our soybeans planted or the haying started yet. I don't know if I dare breathe it, but the sun is shining at the moment....

Since it was another rainy day yesterday, I decided it was a good time to try and reorganize our sleeping arrangements. Over the 4th we will be fortunate enough to have ALL of our kids, their spouses and the babies here! What fun!!! Last time that happened, Mara and Mike got stuck sleeping on the couch and daybed downstairs. That was at the time of Grandpa's funeral, so I didn't have much time to prepare for their arrival. It will be much better this time around. I'm also tackling those cleaning projects that get pushed back until you have a rainy day. Guess we got that, so no more excuses. Now if I only had one of those HUGE dumpsters!

Well, I better get at it. Hope you all are having a great week. Looks like it is Friday again, for those of you with M-F jobs. Hope you all have wonderful plans for your weekend!

1 comment:

Cari said...

Krista and Joe's family, plus our family, will be around too--it'll be good to have the cousins together!! --Stay dry!