Saturday, June 7, 2008

Introducing: Princess Stella!



She saved the best for last! Or, the last shall be first! You are about to meet the youngest and most fascinating of the Bacon's owners - moi!

My name is Princess Stella, although I usually go by just Stella. But that doesn't mean you don't have to treat me like the royalty I am! I walk like a queen, and all my subjects (mainly the other cats, who are all lowly males) respect me. The dogs treat me okay, although Dusti sometimes gets a little personal (I have heard others complain about that as well), and I get back at her by going and lying on her bed when she is outside. That really trips Jack's trigger, too, although he generally ignores me. I don't always get the respect I deserve out of my human companions, either. I come the closest when Linda comes to visit me. She understands me completely! She knows I simply must jump up on the counter stool to be greeted and admired. The humans that live with me don't usually afford me this right.

One of my favorite things to do (although there aren't any pictures to prove it!) is sit in the kitchen window to watch the birds. Although they don't like to share this experience with me, it is also a favorite occupation of my humans - not the sitting in the window part, that would be too funny! That is why every time they step out the door, even if they are coming right back in, I will jump up on the counter (another no-no in their eyes!) and climb up into the window, so I can see the pretty birds better. Unfortunately, the little dears get all flustered and take off on me, but if I am very patient (and what is a cat, if not patient?) they will come back. Then I try to 'catch' them - but all I usually do is knock things out of the window. Then just watch Her get all upset about that! I haven't broken anything (yet), but you would think it was the end of the world! Good grief!

Want to know a secret? I like Him best! Usually he will let me climb up and sit in his lap and then he will pet me for a long time. He likes to watch TV alot, and if I climb up there when he is doing that, I can get in a pretty good petting session. I don't think he even knows he is doing it half the time, but I do! Sometimes he will take out the brush and make me more beautiful than ever - if you can imagine that! Most of the time we get along famously, but once in a while he will think that the chair is HIS and he will rudely push me onto the floor - the disgrace of it all! Being treated like a commoner! But all is forgiven after I wheedle myself into his lap (sometimes he looks down at me in surprise, wondering how I got there!) and he atones himself by giving me some attention. He may say he isn't very fond of me, but I know better!

Like the rest of the feline population living here, I spend my nights 'kenneled' in the storeroom - what an indignity for someone of my stature! Sometimes when we are called in for supper and bedtime, I run the other way! Oh, I know it's naughty, and I usually come 'round before they go up to their own bed, but sometimes a lady just has to make a statement, you know? They need to be reminded about who I am!

If you come for a visit, I may or may not grace you with my presence. It all depends on how I feel that particular day. I may come when called, but in my own good time, thank you. Unless of course, you are Linda!

No comments: