Monday, June 9, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday...

Not really, but I got you to look, didn't I??

Pretty low key around here today. I did manage to finally put the finishing touches on my Crazy Gatfly's Quilt, so that is done and on the guest bed. Whew! On to other things. Pretty mundane things, actually. It looked like a good day to put away the winter clothes (or at least most of them) and do some general straigtening up around the house. I don't think it actually rained, at least after we got home from chores this morning, but it was pretty humid out. Only in the 70's, so it wasn't unbearable. My daisies are in full bloom, and the yellow roses by the milk house are opening sweetly - what a wonderful smell! There are a few wildflowers trying to come amongst the weeds between the two houses here, where I planted them for M&M's wedding. I really need to get out there and yank out the usurpers! Also the bed we put in further back has some lovely irises blooming, and some other things which I forgot the names of. That also needs some work.
In going through the clothes today, I realized, anew, that most of my clothes are very old. Somehow the oldest stuff is the most comfortable, and I find myself using the top layer in my drawers over and over again, never really getting down to the bottom of the pile. Yet I can't seem to part with any of it. Silly, isn't it? I think I managed to put about 3 things in a bag for GoodWill today. They probably don't even want it.
Well, my man is home and it is still daylight out for a bit yet. Maybe I should go out and pull some of those weeds.....

No comments: