Since I got my Nike+ last August (first recorded run on 8/21) I have put on 500 miles!!! I started up my running career in July of 2009, so there weren't a lot of miles that aren't on there - unless you count the times the Nike+ refused to work in the cold. ;) Today's run was down to the folks' in Rural - 11 miles - and it went pretty well. I postponed it a bit, as it was storming at 5:00, but headed out the door just before 7:00am. I made it in 2:09:26, so right on target for doing the half in 2.5 hours. I ran the entire distance today, as I did the 10 mile run last weekend. If I feel the need during the race, I will take a walk-break, though. The Gopher-to-Badger Run is on August 14th and runs from Stillwater, MN to Hudson, WI. It starts at 8:00am, so I hope it isn't too warm a day! ;)
I just want to thank all of my supporters again - there are many! - but especially the folks who did the AZ Rock 'n Roll with me in January - you ROCK! I rely on your encouragement more than you know! It means alot to have the support of my husband, Dan, too! ;) He checked up on me at mile 8 (by Golke's) this morning, and picked me up at the folks' after I was all done and showered and breakfasted. ;)
It's great to be alive!!!
MIA
13 years ago

3 comments:
Fantastic job, Holly!!! YOU rock! I am excited for you to run the 1/2 marathon- I am sure you will do awesome. I admire your ability to stay injury free :)
Congrats, Holly!! Way to go!
Great Job Holly!!!!!
Post a Comment