My niece, Cariann, sent me a link to a site that helps you learn another language. So far, I really like it - so much, that I am spending far too much time on the computer! The site links you up with people who speak the language you are learning, and they critique you - boy, do they critique you! But it is really very helpful, for the most part, except that they tend to do it in Portuguese, so that I have to look up words to try and translate what they wrote. More practice, I guess. The site is http://www.livemocha.com/ , for anyone who wants to check it out. From what I have experienced, you are better off if you have some experience with the language, as they assume you know some things. It forces me to use other sources to play "catch-up", and that is okay, too. I may actually be able to speak a bit of Portuguese by December! There are lots of languages to choose from, not just Portuguese!
Yesterday was a beautiful day here - only to the mid-70's - so that I got out and did some weaving. That felt good. That is one of the best therapies to pull me out of the summer doldrums. Yup, I'm afraid that's where I was.
Oh, Sally's daycare gal is taking off on Friday and Monday, so Diane and her mom will watch Sam on Friday and I get to do it on Monday! Dan may even go with me, if we can get Linda to work then instead of Sunday, our scheduled day off. (I haven't called her yet, but will today - I wanted to be sure that Dan wanted to go with) Looking forward to spending some time with Sam.
MIA
13 years ago

2 comments:
Oh how fun to have Grampa too!!!!
Glad the site is working out. I'm sure you'll learn lots by December!!
Post a Comment