First Annual Sister/Time!
This slide show is the "official" chronicle of The First Annual Sister/Time, of Mary Mathwig, Holly Bacon and Heather Schmit! Although we have, and were raised by, the same parents we did not necessarily grow up together. Mary and Heather both had the experience of being an only child for 5 and 6 years, respectively. Mary was nearly 5 when our brother Mike was born, putting an end to her only-child-ness. Mary was married at 19 (when I was 11), so we really didn't have too much interaction during her growing up years. Heather is 6 years younger than me, so when I left home and got married at 19, she was the only one around throughout her teen years, until she also married at 19. [of course, Mike figured in there somewhere, but I am just talking about us sisters here]Even though we are all come from different places [not just physically, but the entire spectrum], we found out that we do indeed have much in common. The best thing? Our sense of humor! We had a lot of fun sight-seeing, shopping!, EATING, hot-tubbing, walking, EATING and just being together!! We even included John now and again - for which I am sure he is eternally grateful! He does make an awesome partner for playing trivia type games, though! [I'm not sure that he would say the same about me....]The slideshow pretty much tells the story of our time together - but I will say that we had a most wonderful time together and Mary and I came away very impressed with Heather's (& John's) hospitality! If any of you ever have the honor of being their guest you will know of what we speak. Right down to little welcome baskets in our rooms, filled with goodies! It was hard to leave, both their beautiful home and the warm weather. I'm not sure that we can do it, but we will have to try and see what we can come up with to top this next year, for there will most certainly be a Second Annual Sister/Time in our future!!!I'm so thankful that Heather and Mary are my sisters!!!!! I love you guys!
3 comments:
Thanks for posting all the pictures. Yes, you did take a lot--but then again, it's digital. Who says you can't! :)
You did a great job with the pictures, Holly. I can't believe we did all that! It was wonderful to have you here. I am definitely looking forward to more visits (with Dan, too) when Mike, Mara and Rohan get here.
Oh yes - thank goodness for digital cameras!!!!
Post a Comment