Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day of Fun!

I spent the entire day goofing off! (after morning chores, of course!)

At 9:00, I went to the Curling Club and participated in Social Curling. What a lot of fun! I hadn't curled since high school, and the three years I spent doing that certainly didn't stick with me! In fact, I was surprised when I got home and checked out my yearbooks that I had curled my sophomore, junior and senior years! In my defense, there was no intermural curling for girls then, we just scrimmaged amongst ourselves and against the boys, who had teams. I had remembered that it was fun, when I wasn't freezing. That much hadn't changed over the years, as my feet got cold today as well. Other than that, I had a blast! Was I very good? Not especially, but since it was just a social gathering they were quite willing to be my teachers. I only wiped out on the ice once, when Mary and I were going over some of the basics beforehand. Because if the freezing rain outside (I know, what was I doing out on the roads....) there were only 7 people who came, including me. It usually takes 4 to make a team, so since there were 4 women and 3 men, that is how we made up our teams. The men just had to work a little harder - and that is why they how they will probably explain being beaten by us! I couldn't tell you the score, and I am pretty sure that I didn't have much to do with it, but it was fun, nevertheless.
Of course, I am getting interested in this just as the season is winding down, but there is always next year!

This afternoon I spent going through pictures on my computer and sorting them into folders. Good job done, and fun, too! Hopefully I can find a particular picture a little quicker now....we'll see!

I will end the day as I started it, by milking cows. There is something to be said for routine.....I just won't say it here!

2 comments:

Michelle Stokes said...

Curling? I didn't know you were a fan let alone a former player. Sounds like a very enjoyable day. Looking forward to seeing you in the Dells!!!!

Gatfly said...

More fun to do than watch. I hope to get into the Social Curling group next year - just meet once a week and curl, no special teams.