Day 3 was rather low key - still adjusting to time change (4 hours) and sleep deprivation - never sleep very well on planes. Debora had made an appointment for me to get a much-needed manicure and then we did a little shopping (that last part was in part due to the car battery being dead when we got done at the beauty salon). Oh darn! The guys, Josh, Thomas and Dan met us for lunch and we did a bit more shopping before returning to the apartment. I wish I would have kept a better diary of what we did and when, but when it is happening, you don't think of that! That may have been the afternoon we went for a walk in the park near Cibele's apartment.
It was a good thing we were low key on this day, as the weekend was packed with the baptism and birthday bash. Those are separate posts! I had lots of chances to practice my (rather poor) Portuguese. I do much better reading than speaking. Oh well. We usually understood each other, or consulted the ever-present dictionary.
MIA
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment