Wednesday, January 7, 2009

THE Birthday Bash on Day 5 (Dec. 21)



This was a busy day, as well, with the Birthday Party lasting from, oh, 1:00 to say, 6:00. Not sure what the designated time was supposed to be, but I think that is about the length of time we were at the party place. Thomas and Giulia were a bit young to enjoy all of the activities, but there was LOTS to do for those a bit older. We made up 36 (I think) treat bags for the party, and there were only 2 leftover, so there were quite a few kids there, ranging from Thomas' and Giulia's age to a couple in their teens. Not sure how many folks were there, but I think I heard that 75 or so were invited. Our Brazilian friends know how to throw a party! Everyone was pretty well pooped out by the end of the day (see picture of Nicola!).
I am sure that Josh and Debora will be posting pictures from this day as well, so watch for those! Josh flew home from Brazil to Germany on the 4th-5th, and Debora and Thomas will be flying there on the 16th or so. She had made plans to go and see her Grandmother (Neusa's mom) as she hadn't seen her in quite a few years. The Grandmother lives out in the country, on a farm, and is 95 years old! I hope they have a good rest-of-the-time in Brazil - we certainly did!!

No comments: