Saturday, August 28, 2010

Run, Bike, Unite! United Way Duathlon



We did it! Becky Towne (Sue Wilson's daughter, and our neighbor in the Pipe House) and I completed the Duathlon! I ran 2 miles (road route), Becky biked 13 miles (road) and I finished with a 2 mile run, partly on the Schmeekle Reserve trails. I can't access the official results, but our overal time was 1:24:??, putting us in 5th place, of 8 women's relay teams. Not too bad - this was Becky's first competitive bike race and my "comeback" run following a none-too-illustrious half-marathon two weeks previous. Becky's time was fabulous - 41 minutes! My first run was very good, for me, a little over 9 minute pace. The second run took a bit longer, for a 10+ minute pace. There are also the two transition times in there. As usual, I didn't get my Nike+ shut off in time. One of these times I'll get that down!
Also competing as relay teams: Mike Onan and Mary Patoka (David's wife); and Leslie Bohl, Jim Bohl and Connie Onan. Individual participants: Kyle Onan and his girlfriend, Mariah. They all did quite well, with Mike and Mary coming in 3rd in their division.
Most of all, we all had fun! There was a really good crowd and the weather was pretty nice, if a bit warm towards the end. Thanks Becky, for being a big part of our successful team! We are already looking forward to next year's event!

Next up: Justiceworks' Just Run 5K on September 4th. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Holly (and Becky)!! You did an awesome job!! Can't wait to run the Wounded Warrior with you on September 11! The pictures are great, too!

John and Heather Schmit said...

Just in case you didn't know who the last comment was from : )

Michelle Stokes said...

Congrats Holly on the duathlon! You're really making the rounds this summer. Hooked any sponsors yet? :) Way to go!!!!