Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Weekend" in Phoenix!



I flew into Phoenix late Friday morning, and was met at the airport by Michael and Rohan - what a surprise! I had just spoken to Heather and she told me she was on her way! ;) Over the next couple of days, I had lots of Rohan-time - it was absolutely wonderful!! I also got to see Mike and Lorrie, and Steve and most of John's family. It was a lot of fun getting to know his siblings better - I especially enjoyed Katye and Chris, as they were staying at Heather and John's when I was there, and Karla, Bear and Molly, too! I spent Saturday night after the wedding, at Mara and Mike's - so more Rohan-time! I got in about a mile of running with Mara on Sunday am before I crapped out in the heat. There were lots of opportunities to slither into the pool to cool off - what a treat! Also got in some shopping at Ross' with Mara and Rohan on Sunday. ;)
The wedding was beautiful, as were all the people there. The party was a lot of fun - excellent DJ! The food was delicious, too! [Note: if soda cans are stored in the heat too long, they explode!] The Schmit Clan really knows how to throw a party and have a good time - it was great! So glad I was able to be there for their special day. (See the Schmit Blog for a better re-cap of the weekend)
My flight home was uneventful, heading out at 6:50 am on Monday. It seemed like I had been gone for a week, instead of 3 days +, we packed in so much visiting and fun! Thanks to Heather and John for the wonderful hospitality, and Mara and her family, too! Next time, Dan is coming, too!!!!!

4 comments:

John and Heather Schmit said...

It was all so much fun, wasn't it!
It was great to spend time with you, Rohan, Mike and Mara. We had so many special times throughout the weekend. What a lot of great memories!

Sally said...

Ro is getting so big!!! Looks like you guys had a blast, but good luck getting dad there in the heat of summer!

Mara Bacon Syring said...

I tracked our run last night and it turns out you ran for 1.5miles! Pretty darn good for >90 degree weather and increased elevation! We are really glad you were able to come out for a few days, Rohan had a blast:) Can't wait for you to bring dad out, definitely in the fall or winter.
Rohan sends slobbery hugs-n-snugs.

Mary Mathwig said...

Thanks for sharing your photos. Almost as good as being there!