FIRST: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR "BABY"- SALLY, yesterday!!!
Also Mike Syring had a birthday on Wednesday - busy week in our family!
Okay, so I haven't done this in a while. It has been busy around here: first getting the crops in - done - as of last Monday! Then the very next day Roger started knocking down hay, so I got to jump in the chopper on Wednesday. Looks like that will be my MO until it is all in. There is already talk of making some big bales, though, so I won't have to chop all 200+ acres of it! Whew! Oh, and Dan is busy doing the spraying - he has a good start on that, if he can just keep it going. There is always something - wind, rain, breakdowns - to contend with. In otherwords, to quote a new country song: "Sounds like life, to me!"
Our household is adjusting to one less cat. It's hard to realize how big a space a little cat fills up! And no, I don't want to get another kitty, thank you. Four is a great plenty. I keep thinking each season, that this is Racé's last winter/spring, etc., but he keeps plugging along. He can't hear a thing, though, so I worry about him when he goes outside. At about 15 years old, he is our only indoor/outdoor cat. I was rather hoping that I would be finding less fur around, but Fozzy and Toquinho are both long-haired, so that hasn't changed much. Or I should say, Fozzy WAS long-haired. He has been getting a hair cut from Dan, bit by bit. I took a picture of him, but he was too embarrassed to let me post it. Fozzy, not Dan. He is a black cat, but looks gray where Dan has trimmed him. So sad... ;)
I'm typing this, waiting to hear that it is time to head to the field to chop. There is something other than the weather holding things up today. It is absolutely gorgeous out! I went out finished mowing the lawn a bit ago - took me 4 days of bits and pieces to get it done! I was using the push mower, mainly because I prefer the job it does, but also because the rider is torn apart at the moment. Looks pretty good, except where the dandelions are poking their heads up already. Oh well. The daisies, on the other hand, look fantastic!! They are my all-time favorite flower!
Oh! We have Sam, Sally and Scott coming tonight, for the weekend! Fun times! Especially since we get to babysit for Sam tomorrow night while Sally and Scott go to Sally's 10 year class reunion - ouch! Where did that time go?!? Sam is growing by leaps and bounds and learning new things about every 5 minutes - it will be awesome to spend some time with them this weekend! We will get to celebrate Sally's birthday, as well.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend - remember, it's what you do and who you spend your time with, not the weather (which isn't supposed to be all that nice around here)!
MIA
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment