Our Day at the Dells!
We had the wonderful opportunity (thanks Larry and Deb, for including us!) of joining the Syring clan, Sally and her family, and Cari and her kids (later on Saturday) at Wisconsin Dells! We didn't head out until after chores on Friday night, and were back home before 10:00 on Saturday night, but we sure packed in a lot of time with our grandsons, Sam and Rohan, while we were there! Oh, and their families, too! Special thanks to Mara for letting us "babysit" Rohan on our own for a while - that was especially fun!Of course, we had to spend some time at one of the many indoor waterparks at our hotel complex - there was something for every age, and they even got Grampa to go down the waterslide! (Grandma begged off, as she can't take too much water in her ears) Most of the others even rode the Hurricane - looked like fun.....but I will take tubing down the Lazy River, instead, thank you.Later on Saturday, the kids went and discovered the "dry" play area - which for that age consisted of a really cool "tree house" with lots of areas to explore. Of course the Moms and Dads had to go in with them.... :)It was great seeing all of the Syring Clan - even Great-Grandma Syring! We were all together to eat (in the Stokes/Syring suite), several times! I learned about Made Rite (Maid Rite??) - looked like bbq's to me....but I guess they are different. Must be my Wisconsin upbringing, as I was assured it was an Iowa thing.It was a really fun 24 hours for us - was that really all the longer we were there?? Got in LOTS of walking - we couldn't believe how huge that place was! Amazing! Of course, it was the company that made it so fun - so glad to have that time with Rohan and his family!!THANKS A BUNCH!!!!
5 comments:
What fun!!! And you got some sweet shots of me with Rohan...and one I had asked you to delete...those darn lazy eyes!
We had a blast and were glad to share a room- wish Sam had slept better though!
Looks like you had an awesome time! Good for you guys!!
Oops! I have now cropped you out of that photo with Sam - and I did resist the urge to put the one of you chomping down on a banana.... It was a fun weekend, sorry that Sam had a rough Sunday, though.
Glad you guys could make it. Rohan really enjoyed his G&G time:) He misses you already!
Toquinho came and draped himself across my lap and arm last night so I wouldn't miss the feel of Rohan....
Post a Comment